Have you served our country? You may be eligible for a special government-backed mortgage called VA. With this type of home loan, veterans can purchase homes in Colorado with no down payment!
What is a VA Loan?
If you are a military veteran, then getting approval for your home loan should be easy. The VA mortgage is one of the benefits that become available to members after they meet specific service requirements and can help those who have been brave enough to serve our country stay in it long-term.
What are the Benefits of a VA Mortgage in Colorado?
With a VA home loan, you can:
- Buy a home in Colorado with no down payment.
- Lock in competitive interest rates.
- Skip paying for mortgage insurance, even without putting money down.
- Avoid high closing costs.
- Refinance without an appraisal if discount points are not charged.
If you are a veteran with service-connected disabilities, the funding fee may be waived.
Who Qualifies for a Colorado VA Loan?
You may qualify for the benefits of a VA mortgage if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a veteran, active-duty service member, or eligible surviving spouse.
- You have served in any branch of the military.
- You meet the minimum service requirements for your era of duty.
- You are shopping for a primary residence.
- Your credit score, DTI ratio, and income all qualify you for a mortgage.
- You have a Certificate of Eligibility (COE).
We can help you get your COE so that applying for a VA loan is more convenient.
We can also tell when you were active and what the minimum service requirement is for being eligible.
The requirements for receiving veteran benefits can be as short at 90 days of active duty wartime service or 181 continuous peacetime days.
Apply For a VA Loan in Colorado Now
Have more questions about VA mortgages? UpRoar Finacial has answers. We also can help you to start the application process immediately if you are ready to move into a CO home with zero down. Please call (720) 640-7034 to schedule your consultation.